If you’re a new mom or just in to reading a witty little blog about being home with a baby, you’ll love Mama-Come-Lately. This cheater chai recipe is just one of her little pearls of wisdom.
A while back, in another lifetime, I posted a chai recipe. More recently, I came across a $4 packet of chai masala at an Asian grocery (Jay International, to be precise). I suppose I could mix up my own batch of ground black pepper, cardamom, clove and ginger, but why should I bother when experts have already done it for me?
Here’s what to do once you get your mitts on some of this lovely stuff.
1. Put 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. of the spice mix in a mug.
2. Add a heaping teaspoon of sugar and a tea bag.
3. Fill 2/3 of the way up with cold water.
4. Microwave for however long you usually zap your tea. Or add boiling water in step 3.
5. Add milk, stir, let sit a bit, remove teabag, and enjoy.
Note: The spice mix will mostly settle to the bottom…
View original post 23 more words